Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Numbers

This trial has a lot of numbers to consider; 35 radiation treatments, 3 chemo treatments, 100's (yes hundred) of notes in my notebook, 5 doctors, daily trips to the hospital, 30 miles round trip and water, man I have processed so much water Al Gore has me on the hit list.  I plan a book under the name; I.P. Daily titled Yellow Stream Fever.

Yesterday I got a number that I did not have before. Creatinine levels.  So here is OUR medical training for the day.  Not sure if they were high or low but got bagged today with a liter of Sodium Chloride (NaCl for you chemistry majors).  and a bag tomorrow.  With all these needle sticks I guess I'll have to track (get it "track it", com'on you old hippies)  We call it table salt, no it was liquefied not solidly IV'd.

Creatinine is a chemical waste molecule that is generated from muscle metabolism. Creatinine is produced from creatine, a molecule of major importance for energy production in muscles. Approximately 2% of the body's creatine is converted to creatinine every day. Creatinine is transported through the bloodstream to the kidneys. The kidneys filter out most of the creatinine and dispose of it in the urine.


So that is my contribution to your medical training for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment