Thursday, January 13, 2011

It "Thirds" Time

Yesterday I received my 12th dose of Glow Juice  from the Glowmistress.  That is considered to be 1/3 of the blasts that I need, previously I had received my first chemo drip-in of 3 which also is 1/3.

Now the problem.  If 1of 3 is 1/3 how can 12/35 also be 1/3.  My daughter is a high school math teacher and I have to be very careful when it comes to stating the correct answer.  I thought and thought, not a very long or productive activity, about ways this may look better.  PS:  My son-in-law is an English major so ......

Lets just use decimals:  1/3     equals  .33333333333
                                               12/35 equals   .343
So I have proven that 1/3 does not equal 1/3 because 1 of the 1/3rds is an estimate and the other is true.  Therefore I can honestly state that I have completed 1/3 of my treatments.

I have spoken about not wanting to play football but I never said I would not dress like a football player.  Last night I used a product called Sleep Right, a nose band-aid that I would have called Nostril Opener.  Slept great, really great ... so this may well be the beginning of my Bengal career because sleeping properly is a prerequisite especially during the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment