Sunday, January 16, 2011

MED UPDATE:  Neck is burned sort of like a sunburn and thanks Dr. King (Martin) I will not  have any more radiation until Tuesday and then on Wednesday I get my drugs.  Something to explain here, there are calender days and there are treatment days.  I started on December 27th, 2010 with treatments.  It has been 21 calender days and 14 treatment days since I started.  Not sure how many calender days this will take but it will take 35 treatment days.  For instance if my body is not ready for more chemo (kidneys not within a required tolerance),  I would still have radiation which counts toward the 35.  My body has to be able to say to the Doc, "Hey man give some more poison!".


Slept 11 hours last night, amazing what a good nights sleep feels like, brings back those teenage years when sunlight meant sleep time.  Now for my feminine side!  I did not think this could happen to men. I always see these beautiful women on TV sort of looking kind of lost until shazam: one glass of Metamcil and she turns into a Fairy Princess with a grin like she has just won an unlimited shopping spree at Neiman-Marcus.  Yes I must admit I have THAT problem he says as he cleverly reaches for lipstick and rouge, hey I want to look good also when the event takes place.


This feminine thing is just not what I expected, the additional shopping, the looking good part, the mirror time, and pumping up the ego of a beer-drinking, remote-control genius sitting on his  football-watching butt asking for another beer and don't  forget the peanuts.  Actually sometimes I'm REALLY tired of being The Man, even if I am only a Legend in my own mind!
END OF UPDATE


Now for some serious stuff, two granddaughters (6th and 8th grades), two tryouts for the Northern KY Select Band and whamo they are 3rd chair in French Horn and 10th chair in clarinet.  They both play pretty darn good but a sixth grader making it is not common at all.  Actually I thought the younger French horn player was the smartest because she can put a hand warmer inside the horn and keep her right hand warm during marching but alas they do not march with the French horn but rather a mellophone.  All these instruments and I just figured out that a CD issued from a bank will not play on a CD player!  Anyways the mellophone requires that you use the opposite hand than the French horn and have both hands out in the cold so I am not sure about that.  Of course I can play the radio, except that FM thing has me kind of bugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment