Monday, January 3, 2011

Even Non-Believers Believe

About 30 years ago I was going through a tough emotional time in my life.  I would lay in bed at night and have an actual (well not "actual" out of body experience).  I would be looking up at the ceiling and see myself and someone else look down at me and I could hear the other voice say something like, "Well what are you going to do now?"  Neither myself or the person representing me had an answer.  I often wondered about that and I think I have it figured out.  It was Jesus with his arm on my shoulders saying you got in this mess now how will you get out?  I'm here if you need me.  This happened maybe 4 or 5 times and has never happened since.  It wasn't cheap wine as I did not drink and these moments are as clear as if the happened yesterday.  So  the question becomes how do I get out of this?

Many people that I have contact with have different religious beliefs than I do.  Some say they meditate, some don't believe there is a God unless they can touch and see Him, others are just feel what will be will be.  I believe God has a plan for me and he revealed it to me some 30 years ago.  I might not have recognized it then but I do now, He is not done with me.

During those years I remember being very lonely and my friend, Betty Zimmer, (RIP)  sat in back of me in church and every Sunday she would pep me up with this thought;  "I as a Christian have your back, He on the cross has your front, don't lose focus".

No comments:

Post a Comment