Thursday, December 16, 2010

Another Day, Another Doc

Today I got hosed again at the ENT Doc's.  I am starting to like it a little and maybe I need a 12 step program to stop the hose.  But first I cannot really admit I have a problem, it's just starting to feel good!  Could be a song here like "It's My Party and I'll Cry If  I want To"  maybe something like "It's My Nose and I'll Hose If He Wants To"  Now I have seen the complete set of Docs; Dentist, Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist, Ear Nose & Throat, Speech Therapist (My Fav), and of course my thousands, er hundreds, well OK 3 of my unlicensed friends that are guiding me through this process.  They will have a Team meeting today and decide the course of action but the ENT said chemo/radiation would do it
This Doc's Opinion:
I am  Stage IVA: any invasive tumor (T4a), with no lymph node involvement (N0) or spread to only a single same-sided lymph node (N1), but no metastasis (M0). Or, any cancer (T) with more significant nodal involvement (N2), but no metastasis (M0).
I am also N2B:  N2b: cancer has spread to more than one node on the same side as the tumor, but none measure larger than 6 cm.  PET scan cannot see it but he thinks it.  Tomorrow I get my mask and final instructions.  I think I'll stop seeing Docs because eventually one will be a "Doctor of  Burial Services"!

No comments:

Post a Comment