Monday, March 7, 2011

I'm Back ...................

When I first started this blog I stated that it was not intended to be a complain forum.  That is why I have not posted since February 9th.  I took my 3rd chemo and in the hospital, plenty of IV's and then I took my last radiation and felt worse.  So no posting except to say this stuff will kick butt.

Today is March 7th and the sun is shining and it is a brisk 40 degrees.  I have started to eat real food (defined as food I ate before the treatment, McDonald's for breakfast, Yea yea yea!)  We set some travel standards.  They are that I must be able to eat 3 meals a day and be able to eat "road" food.  That way we will be able to travel on March 17th.  That will be a great day to head back. Been a long 4 months but hopefully it cures the cancer.  I can swallow now pretty regularly and am pounding the water in to flush my kidneys.  They are responding well and I have a blood test twice a week to make sure they are.  Doctors appointments tomorrow and then next Wednesday and Thursday.  Tube down the nose to see what it looks like and then will have the first of many scans in May.
Many thanks for all your prayers, thoughts and well wishes.  Especially to Jackie, thanks for all your guidance and assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment